Friday, July 27, 2007

Thanks to you, Chrysler's paying for a new dashboard

FEEDBACK

After reading Action Line (June 18) about PT Cruiser dashboards cracking, I tried unsuccessfully to file a complaint and then sent an e-mail to Action Line describing my problem. I figured that would be the end of it.

However, on July 23, I received a call from the Daimler-Chrysler executive referral department. Apparently, Action Line had forwarded my complaint.

The woman made arrangements for me to take my PT Cruiser to the service manager of a local dealership for inspection and -- believe it or not -- she called back today and said Chrysler would pay for a new dashboard and all the parts needed to install it if I would pay the installation cost.

I agreed.

Since I had received nothing but negative responses from the dealership and Chrysler, I can only think that my complaint would never have been addressed without Action Line's intervention.

I truly appreciate what you've done and cannot thank you enough.

No comments: