Monday, August 6, 2007

New Chrysler CEO's First Car Was a Dodge

When Ford held the first press conference to introduce ex-Boeing executive Alan Mullaly to the press, he was asked what kind of car he drove: A Lexus, he responded.

Today, ex-Home Depot CEO Bob Nardelli was asked the same at his first press conference as Chrysler chairman CEO. He said he has a fleet of vehicles that includes some Chrysler products. Among them are a Jeep, a Chrysler PT Cruiser and a Plymouth Prowler.

“My first car when I graduated from high school in 1966 was a Dodge Dart GT,” Nardelli said at today’s press conference. “My first date with my wife was in that Dodge Dart GT. I thought I was Lee Petty.”

He said when his appointment to head Chrysler was announced, his wife sent him an email saying “it must be fate” that he got the job.

No comments: