Tuesday, October 21, 2008

DC Performance - The Viper Shop (An Introduction)



#1





While I get Brandon's username set-up here (Brandon@DC Performance), I wanted to post something he put together for everyone...

Hello Gentlemen,

My name is Brandon Chasin. I've started working over @ the world-famous DC Performance and wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself to everyone here. I'm a young buck (24 years young) but have been an automotive enthusiast for as long as I can remember and am very involved in the European enthusiast community. I've put on more events than I can count, spent countless hours in parking lots for shows and spent my fair share of time at the track as well.

I have recently started driving a Night Runner (#386/400) Viper truck and... WOW! The truck is incredible and I can't help but to share your enthusiasm for the Viper... I'll post pictures ASAP.

I'm incredibly excited to be able to jump on board with such a well-respected, knowledgeable, and forward moving shop! Look forward to DC being involved with many, many events in the future... Whether it be a dyno day (on our in-house Dynojet), BBQs, picnics, group drives, track days, whatever else you can think of... If we (DC) can be involved, we will be! I look forward to talking to meeting, talking, and getting to know many of you in the near future...

In one of our first meetings here, I brought up to the Big Three (Dan, Tony, and Aaron) that my focus is bringing the enthusiast community in to our shop... and I don't necessarily mean physically. While the Southern California folks have the incredible opportunity to stop by and see what's new in the shop, the rest of the country doesn't get this chance... and that is exactly what I want to change. I will be focusing my time on keeping everyone up-to-speed on some of the cool projects we have going on. 2008 Competition Coupe


2008 Competition Coupe





This car was unveiled at VOC 2008 and we just received the car at the shop. It’s brand new and is the most optioned CC ever made. It features the new Mc Claren engine with a sequential transmission. It has the new center lock endurance wheels and Brembo 15 inch Mon-block brakes. The paint is a one-off factory job that really makes the car. We can’t wait to see this one on the track.

2003 SRT Drag Car




This car has been a work in progress but has had a lot of track time.

It runs 9 second ¼ miles (soon to be 8’s) and is street legal with full interior and air conditioning. It still retains the factory ABS. It took quite a bit of work to get those tires to fit. Here is just a few of its features, 1200hp supercharged engine with Methanol injection, Turbo 400 automatic transmission, custom built production differential with chromoly halfshafts, rear brake conversion, NHRA approved roll cage, fire suppression system, Penske suspension, removable parachute and more. Drove it to church on Sunday and its going to the track on Monday (no, I'm not kidding).

1976 Pontiac Trans Am



This is the Smokey and the Bandit Model. We are getting it tidied up after a semi-restoration. It’s a rare one, 4 speed with the 455 motor.

1970 Chevy Chevelle Convertible



I like this car. It’s a big block with an overdrive.

We are rebuilding the front end and installing Bear disc brakes. This car will be fun to cruise!

Lastly, here is one of our favorite customer's 1997 GTS-R



We have been maintaining this factory GTS-R for a while now. These models are very rare and hard to find in good shape. We are lucky because the owner likes to run the car not just collect it. These models share very little with the production car, but are based on it. The neatest parts on this car are the engine and driveline. The CDI motor turns 8000rpm on the dyno and sounds awesome, the transmission features straight cut gears and the differential is a bigger Dana 60 unit. Motec engine management allows perfect tuning.

I'll keep this thread updated with current projects, updates, etc... so keep posted here and we'll have some hot Viper lovin!

No comments: