Introducing: 2009 Dodge Ram Lone Star Edition
At the State Fair of Texas today, Dodge will introduce the all-new 2009 Lone Star Edition Dodge Ram 1500, a Texas-exclusive model in the 2009 Dodge Ram lineup. The new truck arrives this month with a truck-load of special equipment and enhancements.
“Texas is the single largest truck market on the planet for Dodge,” said Mike Accavitti, Director –- Dodge Division, Chrysler LLC. “Texans love their trucks, and Dodge gives them more to love with a special edition of our game-changing 2009 Dodge Ram – already the best pickup available anywhere. With the Dodge Ram Lone Star, Texans get style, performance, utility and even more value.”
The all-new 2009 Lone Star Edition Dodge Ram begins as a Ram Crew 1500 SLT model in either two-wheel drive or four-wheel drive, with more than 35 new or improved features when compared to the previous light-duty Dodge Ram. These features include:
- Dodge Ram’s first-ever crew-cab size model
- First-in-segment coil-spring, five-link rear suspension fitted to a solid rear axle provides the required towing and payload capability, with ride and handling unexpected in a pickup truck
- New 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 provides more horsepower (390 hp) and torque (407 lb.-ft.), with increased fuel economy (20 mpg on the 4×2 model)
- Best-in-class aerodynamics – under .40 Cd – help improve fuel economy and performance
- First-in-segment, RamBox™ cargo management system that includes versatile, weatherproof, lockable, illuminated, drainable storage bins; pickup bed dividers; 2-foot bed extender; and cargo rail system with sliding, adjustable cleats
- First-in-segment, factory-installed 4-inch dual exhaust styled dramatically into the rear bumper
- First-in-segment store-in-the-floor bins
- Nearly twice as many storage bins (42) than the previous model (26)
- Standard front and rear side-curtain air bags, four-wheel Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) and Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Significantly upgraded interiors
The all-new 2009 Lone Star Edition package includes the new 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 mated to a five-speed automatic transmission, chromed 4-inch dual exhaust radiused into the rear bumper, 20-inch painted silver wheels (20-inch chromed wheels are available), chromed grille surround with chromed billets, quad headlamps and fog lamps.
In addition, a lighting group includes leather-wrapped steering wheel with integrated audio controls, signal- and puddle-lamp exterior mirrors, interior mirror with auto-dim feature, overhead console, illuminated visor vanity, ash-tray lamp, lighted glove box, and underhood and dome lamps. Topping off the package is unique Lone Star badging on the tailgate.
MSRP for the Lone Star equipment is $1,500. All 2009 Lone Star Edition Dodge Rams must also be equipped with the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8. This $1,310 option, added to the $1,500 equipment price, brings the total price of the Lone Star package to $2,810. (If the package components were priced individually, the value would be $3,560.)
The all-new 2009 Lone Star Edition Dodge Ram is built at the St. Louis North Assembly Plant in Fenton, Mo., and the Warren Truck Assembly Plant in Warren, Mich.